Nashville Rear-End Accident Lawyer
A Nashville car accident attorney who gets results
Sometimes, you might be rear-ended at an intersection. Other times, rear-end collisions occur on a busy highway or a crowded city street. Suddenly, you might be in a lot of pain. Neck injuries are especially common in rear-end accidents.
If you suffered injuries in a car accident involving a rear-end collision, you have a right to seek compensation from the driver that caused your accident. Recovering financial compensation can be complicated. The Law Office of Eric Beasley can guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
Nashville rear-end-accident attorney Eric Beasley is a knowledgeable and experienced car accident lawyer who will fight to help you recover the damages you may be owed. Born and raised in Tennessee, he has been serving clients in Nashville for more than 20 years. He continues to receive referrals from former clients and fellow attorneys who know that he won’t quit until he gets results.
Why rear-end accidents happen
Rear-end accidents often occur because the driver in back was doing something they should not have been doing on the road. Examples of such careless or negligent behavior include:
- Distracted drivers, especially texting drivers, who crash into the car in front of them. This is especially common at intersection accidents, especially if traffic suddenly slows down and the at-fault driver isn’t paying attention.
- Speeding drivers who don’t have time to slow down and avoid causing a rear-end collision. Such high-speed rear-end accidents often occur on busy highways.
- Drunk drivers or drivers under the influence of drugs. (If you have been rear-ended by a drunk driver, make sure you call the police right away to investigate your crash.)
- Drivers who fall asleep the wheel and crash into the vehicle in front. Many rear-end truck accidents happen this way, especially at night on highways.
These are just some of the reasons why rear-end accidents often happen in Nashville and other parts of Tennessee. Whatever the circumstances of your crash, make sure you call the police and seek immediate medical attention. Then talk to a rear-end accident lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about your legal rights.
Common rear-end accident injuries
Rear-end accidents might seem like minor collisions to some people. But if you’ve been in one, you know they can result in very painful injuries. Some of the most common rear-end accident injuries include:
- Neck injuries, especially whiplash.
- Head injuries, including concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Back injuries, which can range from severe back pain to broken back bones.
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in a loss of range of motion.
- Broken bones and bone fractures.
How to file a rear-end accident claim
Filing an accident claim after a rear-end accident in Tennessee might seem straightforward. But there are many steps injury victims need to take in order to get the money they rightfully deserve for their rear-end accident, including:
- Contact the police as soon as possible. If you don’t have an official car accident report about your crash filled out by the police, insurance companies might give you a hard time about your injury claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Again, if you don’t have any proof that you were injured in an accident, be prepared for insurance companies to deny your injury claim.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you have been involved in a rear-end accident caused by another driver. They need to know you were in a crash so they can start investigating your accident and determine who was at fault.
- After you contact your insurance company, be prepared for the other driver’s insurance company to contact you. If they do, don’t talk to them. Anything you say to the at-fault driver’s insurance company can be used to deny your rear-end accident claim.
- Call an experienced rear-end accident lawyer as soon as possible to help with your injury claim. Your attorney can deal with insurance companies and even help you get a copy of your official accident report.
How much is my rear-end accident worth?
The value of your rear-end accident settlement or verdict can cover a wide range. Sometimes, your injury claim might be worth thousands of dollars. Other times, a jury might decide to award you significantly more. The difference can depend on many different factors, including:
- The total cost of all your medical care, immediately after your rear-end accident and years from now as well.
- The cost of repairing your vehicle or buying a new car.
- How much time off you need from work due to your injury.
All of these factors and many more need to be taken into account when determining how much money you should receive for your rear-end accident. Your rear-end accident lawyer can help with this process and demand the maximum financial compensation you deserve.
Ready to fight for you
Rear-end collisions are a common occurrence in the Nashville area, and they are almost always avoidable. They can cause not only significant property damage, but also substantial injury and even death.
Under the Tennessee Motor Vehicle Code, all drivers are prohibited from following the vehicle in front of them more closely than is prudent and reasonable when considering the condition of the road, the traffic traveling the road, and the speed of the vehicles. Not all drivers adhere to this rule, however, and accidents occur as a result.
In many cases, drivers are distracted by their phones or GPS systems and fail to notice a vehicle in front of them until it is too late. Or a driver may be traveling too fast for weather conditions and will be unable to stop in time due to a slippery roadway. Rear-end collisions can also be caused by drivers who simply follow the car in front of them too closely.
Drivers who cause rear-end collision often don’t admit to any negligence and refuse to accept responsibility. They may even try to blame you for the crash. Don’t expect much help from the insurance companies. Their lawyers help them find ways to minimize your claim and pay you as little as possible.
Our record of results is no accident
That’s why you need an experienced lawyer who knows how to fight the insurance companies to get you the results you need. Our legal team investigation your rear-end collision and gets the facts. We review accident reports and medical records, gather evidence and interview witnesses. If needed, we consult accident reconstruction experts.
We demand compensation for the injuries you have suffered. This includes compensation for any current and future medical expenses related to your injuries and lost wages if you couldn’t work. You may also be able to recover compensation for other damages from your crash, including pain and suffering.
One thing that attorney Beasley will never do is back down. He never loses sight of how your life has been impacted by the crash. He is determined to fight for a resolution of your case that meets your needs, either through a negotiated settlement or a jury verdict.
If you were hurt in a Nashville rear-end collision, it’s important to get trusted legal advice as soon as possible. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Nashville rear-end accident lawyer you can count on in a crisis. Contact attorney Eric Beasley.