Common Truck Accident Injuries
Our law firm can get you the compensation you deserve
Truck accidents can lead to many different types of injuries.
At The Law Office of Eric Beasley, we have successfully helped hundreds of accident victims in Metro Nashville and the surrounding area win their injury claims. Our law firm has more than 20 years of experience in Tennessee negotiating truck accident and personal injury claims and winning court cases.
We hold negligent parties responsible for the damages they cause, and we don’t stop fighting for you until we win.
Every year Tennessee - especially Davidson County - is home to a high number of truck accidents. Crash fatalities are too common, but severe accident injuries are sky-high, as well. The following is a list of some of the more common injuries you can sustain in a truck accident.
Common truck accident injuries
Truck accident injuries include:
- Neck and back injuries – These include whiplash, ruptured discs and compression fractures. An injury to the neck or spine can permanently change how you function for the rest of your life. This kind of damage can lead to an inability to move parts of your body (paralysis), memory loss or diminished brain function.
- Paralysis – This can be the lifelong loss of feeling or mobility in anything from a hand to a person’s entire body. There are four main types of paralysis:
- monoplegia (affecting a single limb),
- paraplegia (loss of mobility in the lower half of the body or legs),
- hemiplegia (loss of mobility to one side of the body),
- quadriplegia (loss of mobility in all four limbs)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – These include concussions, subdural hematomas, and hemorrhages. Traumatic brain injury is an umbrella term for just about any degree of lost brain function. Subdural hematoma is a type of internal bleeding located inside the skull. Hemorrhages refer to profuse bleeding. A concussion is a temporary confusion or unconsciousness caused by a hard hit to the head. The effects of concussions don’t often persist for long, but there can be long-term impact that reduces brain function. Concussion symptoms include headache, vomiting, dizziness and difficulty balancing, sensitivity to light and noise, confusion/memory loss/amnesia, loss of consciousness, slurred speech, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, irritability, and problems sleeping, and can lead to epilepsy.
- Burns – Many victims of truck accidents also suffer burns due to explosions or fires caused by leaking fuel and other flammable fluids released in a crash.
- Broken bones, fractures, amputations, lacerations – Speed is a big factor in determining how severe a bone-break will be. The less speed at the time of impact, the less pressure on the bones.
- Internal bleeding and organ damage – In a crash, it is not uncommon for a driver to hit the hood or steering wheel causing internal bruises, bleeding and organ damage. Internal injuries may be hard to identify at first. It is important to see a medical professional as soon as you can after a crash.
Call today for a free consultation
If you or a loved one are the victim of a truck accident, you have rights. You do not have to accept the insurance company’s version of the accident or take a small settlement.
Don’t give up. Don’t give in. We’re on the side of truck accident victims in Nashville and the surrounding area. We will fight hard to get you and your family the compensation you need to heal and maintain a comfortable life.
Attorney Eric Beasley was born and raised in Tennessee, that’s why he’s so passionate about representing accident victims here. We offer free case consultations to truck accident and other injury victims. We also take many cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until we win. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.